- Upper: Hydrophobic micro fibre material
- Lining: Polyester (water resistant and breathable)
- OutSole: GripPus performance outsole
- Insoles: Polymer (synthetic)
- Stack height: 7mm (4mm without insole)
- Sizing: runs small.
- Fit: great fit for different foot volumes and widths.
- Colours: black, tan brown
- Size: runs small. You need go one size up on these shoes – plenty of room and width for thicker socks.
- Width: These shoes are very wide and the toe box is wider than other brands like Vivobarefoot, etc.
- Feel: The uppers and soles are flexible. These shoes are soft and comfortable. The ground feel is great.
- Waterproof: Somewhat waterproof. Freet claims that Mudees have a high level of water resistance.
- Grip/sole: Thin but grippy sole
- Clean and maintain: The uppers are made of microfiber which make them very easy to clean and maintain.
Things to know
For “low volume” feet, Freet shoes can be a bit bulky on top.
They are not the best shoe for snow as they are low and snow can get inside from the top very fast, although they have an amazing waterproofness.
These shoes are great for winter but if you will be walking or playing in deep snow, you will want to consider other options as these shoes are low and snow can get inside from the top.
- Waterproof (despite not having a waterproof liner)
- Zero or low drop
- Good grip
- Breathable and dry out rapidly
- Wide toebox
- Hard wearing upper
- Great fit for different foot volumes and widths
- Customer service is very good
The sole will wear quickly on hard surfaces such as concrete, tarmac.
What people are saying?
“I follow the recommandation and sized up from my conventionnal size (39, feet 24,4cm) and took 40. They are perfet, maybe a bit too long in summer with tiny socks, but for colder seasons with thick socks I have a good toes mobility, it’s perfect.
They are a little slippery on harder surface when it’s raining or with ice, but with the sole’s flexibility it’s easy to grip and have good ground feel.”
“I am usually a size 6 and chose to go one size up on these. They are OK with thick socks for walking but i think would be feel large if you prefer thinner socks so worth bearing in mind).”
Check here for more reviews.
The Freet Mudee shoes are the best vegan, barefoot, waterproof, hiking boots. A difficult combination to find.
Want to share your thought on these shoes? Just send an email to us at: email@example.com. We’re happy to share your review with other barefoot enthusiasts on this page (with credit or author bio, if you include it in the email).